Columbus High Hosted $25 Million Ribbon Dedication and Blessing Ceremony Science and Arts Center
Christopher Columbus High School celebrated the grand opening of its new $25 million Marcus Lemonis and Mario Sueiras Center for Science and the Arts with a mass, dedication and benediction ceremony on April 28, and a party progressive the day before which took place on several floors of the center. The building is named after Marcus Lemonis and Mario Sueiras, classmates of the Columbus Class of 1991, who made a generous naming donation to the facility.
Marcus Lemonis is an entrepreneur, philanthropist and television personality who leads Camping World as CEO and hosts CNBC’s The Profit and Streets of Dreams and HGTV’s The Renovator. Mario Sueiras is a former teacher who runs Geico Insurance’s Miami office. Those who helped cut the ribbon were the Most Rev. Thomas G. Wenski (Archbishop of Miami), Fr. Dan O’Riordan (Marist Brothers USA Provincial), Thomas Kruczek (School President), Fr. Kevin Handibode (Past President), David Pugh (Principal), Adrian Alfonso (School Board Chair), Tim Plummer (Buildings and Grounds Committee Chair), Mario Sueiras and his wife Sandra Sueiras. The audience included school administration, faculty, staff, students, school board members and donors.
ABOUT THE MARCUS LEMONIS AND MARIO SUEIRAS CENTER FOR SCIENCE AND THE ARTS – See the building’s website
• Multifunctional facility of 100,000 square feet on 4 floors
• Provides state-of-the-art resources and spaces that promote STEM skills and enhance music and arts programs
• First LEED (Leadership in Energy/Environmental Design) certified building in Columbus
• Home to the Robert Sanchez Family Robotics & Engineering Lab/ Muñoz Family Innovation Hub, May and Frank Rotolante Art Lab, Paul DiMare Family Lecture Hall, Lou de la Aguilera Family CCNN Studio, numerous STEM classrooms/studios, art and music, exhibits and performance spaces, indoor parking and a locker room for the basketball team (currently state champions)
• Features an open concept with a large atrium and natural light
• Designer/Builder: AECOM (one of the world’s leading infrastructure companies) and Vilar-Hoynack (construction company with over 30 years of experience in the primary and higher education sector)
Connect with your customers and grow your business